Displaying: All / All
What kind of foam is used for the bulkhead of my Wilderness Systems kayak?
All Wilderness Systems boats with bulkheads use 2” think Synergy® Foam.
ADVANTAGES OF 2” THICK SYNERGY® FOAM:
- Polyethylene foam is 100% recyclable.
- Unlike cross-linked foams, the Synergy® foam does not out gas, which results in fewer bubbles in the sealant.
- Bulkheads are cut on a water jet machining system resulting in accurate, consistent shapes based on CAD data.
- Two ½” deep routed slots on the hatch side of the bulkhead allow the foam to be compressed in place resulting in a tight fit between the hull and bulkhead.
- ¼” beveled edge on both sides of the bulkhead create more surface area for the sealant to bond with the foam and hull.