Find Your Serial Number
To locate your kayak's serial number look at the right (starboard) side on the back (stern) of the boat on the outside of the hull. Most, but not all boats, have a recessed area here. Your serial number will always be in this area.
The serial number consists of 12 alphanumeric digits.
THE SERIAL NUMBER BREAKS DOWN IN THIS ORDER:
- The WEM is required as per coast guard regulations as a company identification code, and means you have bought a quality Wilderness Systems product.
- The next five digits are generated in sequence by our system to give each boat its own unique serial number.
- The next digit is a letter that represents the month of the year your boat was molded.
- The letter A represents January, B would represent February and so on.
- The next digit is the model year, and the last two numbers will be the year your boat was made. The example above would be for a 2009 model boat, molded in January 2009.
IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL US AT (888) 525-2925.