To locate your kayak's serial number look at the right (starboard) side on the back (stern) of the boat on the outside of the hull. Most, but not all boats, have a recessed area here. Your serial number will always be in this area.
The serial number consists of 12 alphanumeric digits.
THE SERIAL NUMBER BREAKS DOWN IN THIS ORDER:
- The WEM is required as per coast guard regulations as a company identification code, and means you have bought a quality Wilderness Systems product.
- The next five digits are generated in sequence by our system to give each boat its own unique serial number.
- The next digit is a letter that represents the month of the year your boat was molded.
- The letter A represents January, B would represent February and so on.
- The next digit is the year the kayak was built, and the last two numbers will be the model year of the kayak. The example above would be for a 2009 model boat, molded in January 2009.
IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL US AT (888) 525-2925.